Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Composition Assignment

In this assignment, we had to take 11 photos, each one showing an example of composition. The 11 types of composition we used were rule of thirds, pattern, balance, color, depth of field, framing, perspective, space, symmetry, texture, and lines.

What I learned was how to find things in the everyday world that could make a good photo, then how to position the camera and object for a better photo. Before hand, I would just randomly take a bunch of pictures as I wanted, and then most would just be okay photos, and a few would actually look kind of decent. Looking at those photos, I now notice the types of compositions they have, which is why they look so appealing. I have also expanded my knowledge on how to properly use some features on my camera to make a better photo.

Photo Descriptions:
1st -Symmetry: Room is symmetrical, mainly chairs
2nd -Texture: Small holes in wall
3rd -Rule of Thirds: Frisbee on intersection point
4th -Balance: Dark and light Hershey Kisses
5th -Space: Candle with smoke surrounded by white
6th -Depth: Rose bush thorns
7th -Lines: Wood plank
8th -Perspective: Looking up at a wind chime
9th - Pattern: Rhombus holes caused by wooden planks
10th -Framing: Bridge though rhombus-shaped hole
11th -  Color: Bittersweet berries


No comments:

Post a Comment