Monday, January 24, 2011

Macro Assignment

This week, I chose to do the macro assignment, where I took pictures of things up close using the macro setting, which allowed the detail of the object to appear more clearly. Sometimes this detail can be one we don't even notice on a normal basis, but through a picture it's easier to see and is captured forever.
This photo is a picture of an ice cube up close. As I was taking pictures, my parents were cooking dinner and were watching me take pictures of all these things going on in the kitchen. My dad was then talking about how it would be cool if we had one of our weird ice cubes (where a piece of an ice cube actually ends up sticking out like a rod, as if it were a plant growing) for me to take a picture of. This caused me to take a few pictures of ice cubes, and this was one of the results. We all see ice cubes, but don't usually take the time to actually look at everything that's happening in the ice cube, from air bubbles to parts of the water that didn't settle.


Fstop - f/2.6
Exposure - 1/30 seconds
ISO - 100







From this assignment I learned how to combine the macro setting with some compositions of photography to create nice looking photographs. It also helped me increase my skill of making it so that what you want to be in focus is actually in focus, as I always seem to have problems with that. Overall, I now know more about the macro setting and how to use it more to my advantage than before.

1 comment:

  1. You have awesome pictures! :D and it is Dalai, but that's okay, no one else can spell it right either. So, you have some wicked pictures!

    ReplyDelete