Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Open Assignment: Food

This week, I chose to do an open assignment. My idea was to take pictures of food and make them look appealing to the viewer. To me, this assignment was decently easy, since my parents love to cook and know how to make things good, so over the break I would get up early with them to have breakfast and then take more pictures at dinner. The hardest and most annoying thing about the assignment, however, was not about taking the pictures, but more on how I had to take pictures before I could eat my breakfast/dinner.

My best photo in this set was hard to choose. I really liked three pictures, and I wish I could call them all my best, but I finally narrowed it down to the picture of a French pastry that is eaten for breakfast. It is dough that is fried, then a light sprinkling of powdered sugar. The reason why I prefer this picture is because it's clear, you can see the texture of the powdered sugar, a little bit of texture of the pastry, and I like the lighting in the picture. To me, it looks pretty tasty and I've made myself hungry, which I think is the main goal.



ISO: 400
Fstop: f/2.6
Shutter: 1/60


No comments:

Post a Comment