Monday, February 14, 2011

Still Life

In this assignment, I took pictures of things against a black background, which I set up using my desk, some black fabric, a piece of plexiglas, a desk lamp, and a tripod. The most difficult part of this assignment was just setting up my desk, which took about a half an hour. Taking the pictures was just a matter of finding items to take pictures of and setting up. Though it was annoying with some items such as my iPod, which refused to stand up, and my white board markers, one of which kept rolling away. Needless to say, tape is an amazing tool.

My best picture was a picture of some Lindor Milk Chocolate Truffles, in which there is one in the front and then a bunch more scattered in the background. How I did this was I actually just dropped all the chocolates from above to get a scatter, and then I noticed how one just moved to the front all alone, and I decided to take a picture of that. I really like how there's that single one in the front showing the name, then the rest of them just randomly across the space in the background. It reminds me of an advertisement, and after asking a few friends what they think about it, they agree.



ISO: 400
Shutter: 1/8
f-Stop: f/2.6


No comments:

Post a Comment